The mission of Yoganic Flow is to address the mental and physical needs of the urban community through yoga and meditation.
Transform Detroit one Breath at a time.
Inner Peace –> Inner City Peace
With regular practice, Yoga Classes can address the following needs of our community:
Clea Stumb joined Yoganic Flow in 2017.. Read More
Anita Vasudevan is a lifelong yoga practitioner and has been a teaching yoga since 2012. Read More
Yoga found Aaron Shell at a young age. Often he would find... Read More
To attend a Community Yoga Class:
1. Pick the location closest to you.
2. Come to the location of your choice to BECOME A MEMBER & Pay $5 per class.
- Palmer Park Membership, $20 annually
- Detroit Parks and Recreation Department, $10 annually
Pay an $8 Drop-In Fee if you come to the Palmer Park Community House
3. Fill out the Yoganic Flow registration form & waiver at the location of your choice.
4. Come to the location of your choice, 15 minutes before class. We recommend wearing comfortable, breathable clothing you can move around in and don’t mind sweating in. You may also want to bring water, a small towel or a yoga mat. We have yoga mats available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you have any questions contact us at email@example.com
Roberto Clemente Recreation Center
2631 Bagley St.
Detroit, MI 48216
Palmer Park Community House
910 Merrill Plaisance *in the colorful building, near Splash Park
Detroit, MI 48203
Sunday, February 11, 18, & 25
House of Pure Vin
1433 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
“Yoga has helped my back pain a lot! Now the pain no longer causes me to miss work”
Genna, 46 years old of Southwest Detroit
Kerrie Trahan offered free after-school Yoga classes to our staff at Western International High School last spring. I was among several staff members who benefited from Kerrie's expert instruction. I am happy to say that I now practice yoga weekly. All staff were novices to yoga, and Kerrie made us comfortable practicing within our limitations. I look forward to further instruction with her, and would without reservation recommend Yoganic Flow classes to both beginners and experienced students.
During a stressful period in my life I turned to yoga to relax. At first I was skeptical but after a few sessions I learned breathing techniques that helped me clam down and feel better. The breathing exercises combined with the yoga stretches have also allowed me to feel less stiff and sleep better at night.
I've been doing yoga for about a month, my balance has improved and it is helping me with my endurance, I can't wait to see what I'll be doing in another month. It's so relaxing, I think I found my new hobby, Yoganic Flow is so motivating and I'm learning so much about inner peace and self awareness.