How to loosen early – morning body stiffness.
We all have those morning were we wake up super stiff and just not feeling it….Experience Life shared a few tips to help us release some of that tension in the morning so that we can roll out of bed feel nice and light.
Cow Cat Drill
- Get down on all fours with your palms flat on the floor. Your knees should be hip width apart and bent 90 degrees.
- Now gently lift your head by curving down your lower back (like a cow); hold for a second or two,
- Slowly lower your head between your shoulders, raising your upper back toward the ceiling by letting it round (like a cat.) That’s one repetition.
- Repeat 10 times or as much as necessary.
Air Squats to Prayer Squat Drill
- Stand with your feet at hip width, toes pointed slightly outward and arms by your sides.
- Bend your knees and push your butt back as if you were sitting into a chair. Keep your weight in your heels and descend until your thighs are parallel to the ground or lower.
- Squeeze your glutes and strengthen your legs to come back up.
- After 10 reps, stay in the bottom position and bring your elbows inside the knees and then bring your hands together.
- Gently press through the elbows against the insides of the legs to open the hips. Remain in this pose for 30 seconds or until you feel the openness.
This article was written by Experience Life.