With all of the conversations about race going on in real life as well as on our timelines, Yoganic Flow Founder, Kerrie Trahan and Lauren Williams have decided to team up live on Instagram and Facebook from The Collective at True North!
In yoga and wellness it’s easy for us to focus on loving one another, and the sameness that we all possess; however, there are many of us within this community experiencing a different kind of trauma. As leaders in wellness it is important to have an understanding of racial discrimination and how it is impacting people you may have in your classes. Interested in being an ally but don’t know what to do? Start with this discussion and class. Together we can shift the narrative and heal together.
Tune into this virtual conversation across these platforms:
Donations requested to support Yoganic Flows mission of making yoga accessible in urban communities.
Donation can be sent via:
Cash app: $YoganicFlow
Please join us for this virtual class and conversation on June 4th at 7:30pm!
- How Restorative Yoga Can Help Heal Racial Wounding by Dr. Gail Parker
- Seeing White, the Multiculturalist Approach
- White Privlege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad (@laylasaad)
- 1619 by the NYT
- Yoga is Dead
- Embody Inclusivity
- Black Lives Matter Meditation for Healing Racial Trauma offered by licensed psychologist, Dr. Candice Nicole Hargans